Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Guarding One's Heart

Ever since Simon (that’s a story for a different blog), I’ve isolated my brave heart and put it in a secure, prison like building. Now, I’ve never been to prison and have never personally seen one to know what such a building looks like. I can only imagine what it must feel like with its secure enclosures, high walls and sober, stern looking wardens taking a guard. Yes, unfortunately, my heart is in prison so secure that even FBI would struggle to infiltrate it.

It may seem harsh or even unimaginable to most that I would confine my heart to such an unfriendly place, but when one’s heart bleeds and suffers as mine did during Simon’s reign, one is not prepared to allow it to happen again. So, these high walls and secure enclosures are some kind of self-preservation. Who else will protect my sanity if not I?

No comments:

Post a Comment