When I love, I love. Or so, I think. I have no boundaries. No limitations. I become this sad, boring person willing to do anything and everything to please you. I give my all. If I love you, you can have everything - my time, my money, my possessions. If I love you, you can have access to ‘MY’ pretty much everything – my email account, my skype account, my mobile phone, my bank account, even my credit card account (now, why would you want that, honestly?).
If I love YOU - you can have e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g! And more - seriously!
If I love you, I’ll take away your pain, your grief, your anguish, your hurts, your burdens, your upsets. If I love you, I’ll be your personal assistant dedicated to making sure that nothing is missing in your world. I’ll do my utmost to please you in every way imaginable. I know this may drive you away (and it probably will) – but I’ll do it anyway.
And I’ll do all that until I so tire of it that all I want is to get out and be by myself again so I can bring myself back. But why do I allow myself to get lost in this other person in the first place?
And, oh, I call it LOVE???
Could this really be love? Do I know how to love? Do I know what love actually is?
No comments:
Post a Comment