Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Yo-Yo Relationships

Is it me or is it them? Yes, this eternal question was, as always, baffling me.

I seem to play a yo-yo with my relationships. I give it all then back off. I give it all then retreat. Then I start thinking of breaking up and moving on. Then I regret such selfish thoughts and want to give it my all again. And so I go over and over in circles not knowing what is the right thing to do.

Surely, the right thing is the thing one wants to do, no?

If I am honest about it, I want to receive and give freely. With no boundaries, no hesitation, no dithering or restrictions. It may be telling that I start crying every time I concede that I’m not giving and receiving as I know and feel I deserve.

Long time ago I read that tears are the language of the soul. It that’s even remotely true then my soul lives in agony. It suffers in silence every time I deny myself a true, unconditional loving. For, what else are we supposed to do whilst here on Earth but to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment